The San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon

Yep, a marathon...Whose idea was this anyway??

Thursday, April 28, 2011

The GU review

Sooo, I decided to try out some  GU on some of our long runs (if you'll remember, I decided to try this  delicacy before the race to see if it would result in explosive abdominal issues).  So at REI the other day I picked up a few flavors for the sampling.  Lemon sublime, pineapple roctane, and chocolate outrage made it into my cart, and then into my pocket for a long run.  Well...let me just tell you that anything that is pale yellow and the consistency of thick mucus is NOT something a respiratory therapist can stomach!  I opened the packet (lemon sublime) and squirted , no smooshed some out of the packed and into my mouth and GAG!!!  All I could think of was swallowing a giant loogey!  Maybe my job has ruined me and you will think it is fine, but lemon sublime and pineapple roctane will not be a part of my life any longer.  Chocolate -excuse me I believe it is CHOCOLATE OUTRAGE - on the other hand reminded me of licking the brownie batter out of the bowl - so that has passed the taste test.

You will all be happy to hear also that my guts survived the taste test unscathed, so I foresee the beginnings of a beautiful relationship between myself and my new (super powered) brownie batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment